Currently, I am the Chief Technology Officer at Arcascope. Arcascope provides algorithmic solutions for tracking, predicting and correcting human circadian rhythms. Our technology allows for personalized predictions to be formulated efficiently and accurately using commericial wearable devices. Feel free to contact me if you are interested in joining our team at Arcascope or if you would like to partner with us.
Information and News
- You can find my resume here.
- I am honored to have received the SIAM Activity Group on Life Sciences Early Career Prize
- Doctor of Philosophy, University of Michigan, Applied and Interdisciplinary Mathematics, (2017)
- Bachelor of Science, University of Texas at Austin, Mathematics (Honors), 2009
- Bachelor of Science, University of Texas at Austin, Biology (Honors), 2009
Academic PublicationsGoogle Scholar Profile
- K.Hannay, J.P Moreno, Integrating wearable data into circadian models , Current Opinion in Systems Biology, 2020. pdf
- K.Hannay, D. Forger, V.Booth, Seasonality and light phase-resetting in the mammalian circadian rhythm , Scientific Reports 10, 19506 (2020) pdf
- K.Hannay, V.Booth, D.Forger, Macroscopic models for human circadian rhythms , Journal of Biological Rhythms, 34(6), 2019 pdf
- J.P Moreno, S.J Crowley, C.A Alfano, K. Hannay, D. Thompson, T. Baranowski, Potential Circadian and Circannual Rhythm Contributions to the Obesity Epidemic in Elementary School Age Children , International Journal of Behavioral Nutrition and Physical Activity, Vol.16, Issue 1, 2019 pdf
- K.Hannay, D.Forger, V.Booth, Macroscopic models for networks of coupled biological oscillators , Science Advances, Vol. 4, no. 8, e1701047 pdf
- K.Hannay, V. Booth, D. Forger, Collective phase response curves for heterogeneous coupled oscillators , Physical Review E 92, 022923 pdf
- K. Hannay, C. Vogel, E. Marcotte, Buffering by gene duplicates: an analysis of molecular correlates and evolutionary conservation , BMC Genomics, Vol. 8, 2008.pdf
- K. Hannay, T. Keitt, Invasibility, Coexistence and Spatial Structures in Networks of Competing Species , Senior Honors Thesis 2009
- K. Hannay, O. Gonzalez, Reaction-Diffusion Models of Ecological Interactions , Senior Honors Thesis 2009
Current Research Projects
I am always interested in meeting new collaborators, so please do not hesitate to contact me!
- Information Processing in Coupled Oscillator Networks
- Wearable data and personalized models of human circadian rhythms
- Seasonal Encoding in the Mammalian Circadian Clock
- Hybrid Machine learning and Dynamical Systems approaches
If you are here you may also be interested in my writing for medium.
Software DevelopmentI have been programming for over 15 years and really enjoy developing software. The most common langauges I use for programming are Python, Swift, R, Julia and C/C++.
- Check out my github page for software I have developed.
- A package which implements both my and some other circadian models is available on PyPI.
- For my Schreiner University statistics class I have also written an RPackage which can be installed in R using the command: